Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Peer Evaluation

Sean:

Design - SEAN, I LOVE YOUR OVERALL DESIGN. The theme and color scheme compliment each other very nicely. I noticed you also added more links on the side to make it easier to navigate. The only thing I would suggest would be to have your links highlighted once the user has clicked on it (this way it'll be easier to determine which pages you've already visited). Also, maybe using simpler fonts for your links will allow them to stand out more? They sometimes get jumbled up with your background image as well as additional pictures you've posted. BUT, your site looks ahhmaaayyyziinnggg :)

Site - I like the straight-to-the-point approach you've taken. It's easy to read and your interest for the topic definitely comes across.

Linear - Alright, must admit I didn't really know which page was your linear essay...but I'm assuming it was the one called "Sean's Thoughts"? haha If it was, I would probably just suggest making it clear it's your essay on the actual page. I like how you drew your own personal thoughts - it made your site more comprehensive! Good job Seany!


Kristin:

Design - KRISTIN, I LOVE YOUR TITLE. I also like how you made this site different yet similar to your first one. I like your use of colors, too. Your images and background also give a consistency that makes it easy for the reader to follow your text!

Site - I like how clear, concise, and informative your text is. It told me exactly what you wanted to say as well as exactly what I wanted to know about the disease.

Linear - One, thank you for making it clear where your essay was! Two, good job in incorporating your personal experiences - you didn't come off sympathetic or calling for pathos form the reader at all...which I think is an amazing feat for this topic as an analytical hypertext. YOU GO GLENN COCO!


Andy:

Design - ANDY, OF ALL THE THINGS I LOVE ABOUT YOUR PAGE, YOUR ORGANIZATION IS WHAT I LOVE MOST. Great job categorizing and breaking down the cars and types of fuels available. I regrettably know little to nothing about cars, but navigating your page made it that much easier in understanding your text. Also, I like your typography in your title! I don't know if you still want to add the stripes in the background like you mentioned, but I think it'll definitely add to the look you seem to be going for. (Or maybe a background picture of tire marks on the road? I know there's one on google images somewhere if you're interested!)

Site - Great information and way of explanation. I would only just suggest taking some info from the links you have posted and putting them on your site. I know for me I did the same thing you did. I used links that led people away from my website rather than sticking around to keep reading from my actual page. Marky Marc suggested I incorporate exterior info to my actual site rather than using links and after I did I ended up liking the flow of my site better..so if anything, it's definitely an option if you want.


No comments:

Post a Comment