Monday, October 25, 2010

Notes and Ideas

Liu:
- screen based writing more and more popular
- more time browsing and scanning
- less in-depth and concentrated reading
- paper-based media on its way out

Nielson:
- scanning: websites must have scannable text
-highlighting, subheading, bullets, smaller word count
- Back button is the 3rd most used feature on
the web.

Jerz:
-no "right" way to read a
webpage
- collection of units that strung together
like beads; can be read in any order
- use consistent design scheme
-provide a home link on the upper left
corner
- Readers typically look directly at the middle
of the page
- Group similar pages
- consistent navigation bars



With that in mind:

Sean: I was really interested in your topic and I loved your background graphics that you used. I would suggest making the site less cluttered. Your homepage text was too long. That others looked uniformed and nice though! Another suggestion would be to make your text more analytical. Most of what you wrote was based on a emotion. That's good but I would have liked to see more facts and a more neutral tone in some spots. Great topic choice and great job!

Aldo: I was also very interested in your topic. The text our wrote was great! And your design was very nice a uniformed. I would watch out about the length of your text on some of the pages. Readers might get bored with the paragraphs. Good job!

Andy: When I posted this, there was no link for your analytical hypertext. I'll check again before class though!

No comments:

Post a Comment