Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Writing Style

I would say that my current citation practice can be labeled as paraphrasing, with the occasional cross over into summary. However, there are times that I fall back to patchwriting. My citation methods have definitely improved over time, especially since high school. It also helps that my mom is a writer, and would always push me to read my sources. It was easy to be lax in my reading in high school because I went to a large public high school. When I got to college, I had to change my habits because I feel like my grades matter more, and I am more interested in the subjects I am taking. I can see my writing habits improving as I continue my college career, and into my real life. Currently, the main thing that prevents me from writing with a summary citation style is time constraints, but I imagine as I get used to my work load my writing will reach a summary level label.

No comments:

Post a Comment