Wednesday, April 27, 2011

After watching Machinima episodes like Red Vs Blue a lot of things caught my eye. It seems like in order to make a successful Machinima you must first decided what type you are going to produce. For example are you going to produce several short episodes to make a mini series or one long movie? Then once that is figured out you must decide if you want it to be a parody of the show or an accurate depiction with your own personal fan fiction added on or just a visual representation of the exact story line.

Now that I think I know what it takes to make a successful Machinima, I think I know what I am looking to produce. I found Red Vs Blue hilarious and I want to make a parody of Little Brother because I feel that a parody could highlight the key themes in the book. I also like how some of the episodes have more dialogue than others. Dialogue seems to be an extremely important part of Machinima because actions are very hard to mimic in certain games so one of the few ways to capture your audiences attention is through voice overs.

After looking at numerous scripts it is clear how difficult it will be to construct a solid script. Humor is very hard to put into a script and it all depends on how the lines are read and the scenario and the response from the other actors. I still believe a parody will be a good representation of Little Brother and that watching more Machinima and reading some of the most successful scripts will benefit in creating a successful representation of Little Brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment