Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Citation Practices

I think that my citations evolved in order for them to be better, but I am overall okay with my citation habits. In high school I would cite the source in order to cite it but I would heavily rely on one or two of the sources while mostly ignoring the rest. I would, however, strive to present an actual summary of the piece, though I can't speak for my classmates. Here at Santa Clara, in my research projects I have worked in order to use my sources more broadly and I have continued to provide actual summaries of the piece. However in my other classes I have not felt really pressured to do so by the classes themselves, but instead by my desire to do the project right. In the future I hope my citation skills will be better but I am not sure how they will evolve exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment