Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Machinima

I spent most of time watching Red vs. Blue for ideas about Machinima. What really struck me in the videos that they produced was the quality of humor. I often found myself actually laughing out loud while watching the videos, and thought a lot of their humor was pretty original. I also found myself getting attached to the story line of the Red vs. Blue videos, and their writing is actually very well done. I felt like i was watching a movie when viewing the episodes in order. For some of their videos they used technology that allowed the characters in the game to break their normal restricted amount of moves, and allowed the characters to do pretty much whatever the creators wanted. This made the episodes look a lot more realistic, and allowed me to see past the fact that it was just a video game. Also they used camera angles and shots that are often used in movies, and it this helped me view it as a lot more realistic than a video game. When i looked at the screenplays i noticed that i was focused on what the people were saying, and how i never seemed to notice that as much when i watch the actual movies of these screen plays. I usually focus on the scenery as well as the dialogue in movies, and with out an actual visual representation in front of me the only thing i focus on is the actual dialogue.

For my screen play i would really like to write about what could have happened after the terrorist attack on the bay bridge. I was thinking about having the attack actual be a country invading the U.S. such as Russia, or China. I would have my screen play focused on what you see and the action, and not as much on the dialogue. I although i think it would be fun to try and include a little bit of humor in the dialogue, just to see how funny i can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment