Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Citation Skills

A year ago, I'd say half the time I paraphrased and the other half of the time I summarized. I did this because I didn't always fully understand the material I was analyzing. When I was able to comprehend the material, it was much easier to summarize since I had a better understanding. Now, I have learned how to summarize more often than not through certain courses I've taken at SCU. I've had assignments that have forced me to fully understand the sources so in this way, my summarization skills have improved. In the future, I see my citation skills getting much better simply by going through the process of earnign my Bachelor's degree in college. I do not, however, intend to perfect my citation skills like, for example, an English major would.

No comments:

Post a Comment