Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Skimming The Surface

I feel that the four categories of citation perfectly capture the ways that I have cited various works throughout my academic life. Before realizing the concept of plagiarism, I would always do the "exact copying" type of citation (which is not even a citation at all). As the definitions and repercussions of plagiarism become clearer, however, I start to shift my way of citation to a paraphrasing type of citation. This, however, is insufficient because even though it is not plagiarism, I could still present a clearer and wider understanding of the source material. In saying so, I must discipline myself to adapt the summary type of citation because in doing so, I could present the most quality and the overlying idea of the source material in the shortest length possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment